For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Sarah Bird trading as Ladybird Enterprises (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (i.e. the person who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data from you such as your name, address, whenever you complete an online form.
For example, we will obtain your personal data when you use this website, sign up for a service, purchase goods or services.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data:
- to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
- marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- billing and order fulfilment;
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you;
- security vetting;
- improving our services; and
We will only contact you by e-mail about our products and services and promotions if you have asked us to do so. If you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, then you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’, below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our agents and service providers;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- our business partners if any in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above;
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad; and
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10), to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
- attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to Sarah Bird trading as Ladybird Enterprises; and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details); and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing an email sent to [email protected] with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’;
- provide us with enough information to identify you; and
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone), please specify the channel you are objecting to.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to [email protected] or you can write to us at Photo on a Cake, 9 Montagu Drive, Saxmundham, Suffolk, IP17 1FL